Warborough Parish Council aims to provide a high quality service and will be professional, accountable, proactive and responsive, inclusive and transparent at all times acting on behalf of the parishioners of Warborough and Shillingford.
Our aims are to:
- Engage in open dialogue with all residents to understand their needs and in turn explain how we address these needs with the powers and resources available to Warborough Parish Council
- Promote the best interest of the Parish
- Assist and encourage other bodies to provide amenities
- Protect and enhance the environment in which the residents of the Parish live and work;
- Help provide cost effective amenities of a high standard to help meet the needs and wishes of Warborough and Shillingford Parishioners
To help us achieve this, we will:
- Work in partnership with other statutory bodies, voluntary groups, agencies and individuals to ensure an improving standard of service to meet the needs of the Parish
- Protect and improve the character of the Parish and promote sustainable development for the Parish to meet the needs of present residents without jeopardising the needs of future generations
- Help residents to enjoy high quality social, recreational and sporting facilities within the Parish, and to seek the continuing improvement and development of these facilities in accordance with the desires expressed by the residents.
- Encourage and promote the economic and commercial viability of the Parish.
- Help create a socially inclusive caring community which embraces all parish residents, irrespective of age, gender, culture income, race or religion and seeks to develop their well-being.
- Promote local democracy by encouraging more residents to become involved in Parish matters and stand for election to the Parish Council
|Title||Responsibilities||Lead Cllr||2nd Cllr|
|Communication||PR, Website, Parish Magazine, Social Media||Kerry Burbedge||Jonnie Bradshaw|
|Planning||Application Reviews||Pat Elder||Michael Herbert|
|Infrastructure & Environment||Road (including parking) verges, ditches, footpaths & bridleways Trees & invasive species||Pat Elder||Bill Pattison|
|Events||Community Events, fundraising, filming requests & locations||Eliza Jones||Kerry Burbedge|
|Recreation & The Green||Playgrounds, Sports Club Liaison, Allotments, The Green (cutting & diagonal)||Jonnie Bradshaw||Paul Duncan|
|Greet Hall||Maintenance, Finances, Caretaker & Cleaning Company liaison||Michael Herbert||Jonnie Bradshaw|
|Neighbourhood Plan Liaison||Parish Council’s representation||Eliza Jones||Pat Elder|
|Finance & General Purposes||Financial regulations, Risk Assessment, Standing Orders, Staff Salaries, Budget & Asset Reviews||Joey Hall (Responsible Financial Officer), Paul Duncan, Michael Herbert, Pat Elder & Jonnie Bradshaw|
|PAGE Liaison||Michael Herbert|